Saturday, May 27, 2017

Damn, it's been a bit hectic!

Damn it's been a bit hectic!

 I have been swamped with the day job since my last post. Sorry for the long pause.  Plus now work is monitoring every little ting we do on the net....not saying I did any thing illegal as it was. But they are popping in even when we read the news on our lunch breaks...big brother going to far.

So last Sunday for a break in the madness, I went out and shot a roll of B&W on the trusty old RZ67. Great day, sunny with lots of clouds. I had some good shoots or so I thought. Like a dummy I forgot to compensate for going from the 645AF to the RZ. Hence I didn't set the aperture to the correct setting and shot between 3.5 and 5.6 the whole day. Max shutter is 400...to slow for those settings...I feel stupid.

To make matters worse, I recently mixed up working solutions in separate bottles for my B&W...needless to say I also think I screwed that up as well. When it rains it pours. The shots came out for crap...all grainy. So in the trash they went. I know I should have kept them to remind me to never to do that again...but remembering is enough for me.

So I will be heading back out to shoot more soon and go back to mixing it when I need it for a one shot on both the dev and fixer. I full silly for admitting all this...but we all make mistakes and by sharing this...maybe it will help some one not to commit the same mistakes.

So remember folks always keep in mind what camera your using and check your settings to make sure it's all good. Don't do what I did...because I kicked myself...literally.

SO I leave you with this image of the day!!!

RZ67 Portra 400 @ box speed

No comments:

Post a Comment

The end of this year!

Hello All!,  Yes it has been awhile since the last post...LIFE does that stuff to you. School Work Family . . That's pretty mu...