Sunday, December 31, 2017

The end of this year!

Hello All!,

 Yes it has been awhile since the last post...LIFE does that stuff to you.

School
Work
Family
.
.
That's pretty much been my life since this past August! With some shooting here and there. But actually more than I wanted to shoot due to school. But when opportunity arrives, you take it.
But starting tomorrow (1 JAN 2018) life will be changing with me only shooting film for personal work period.

But this is not without it's hazards, I did a shoot yesterday with my daughter and not one frame was usable....rated Portra 400 & Pro 400H @ 100 ISO and it did not bode well at all. Pissed off is more like it. Then the FP4 rated at 100 came out almost solid black and very grainy.

So sufice to say yesterday did not go well at all. So I decided to narrow it down and do the easiest thing possible. Throw away all the old developer (well it's in the storage shed until I can properly dispose of it.

SO now I have to remix chemicals, order new bottles finally and hope to hell it all works out. Would be a shame to waste all the film I just bought and it be bad. I did try and blame part of it on switching over to a PC from a MAC. Blaspheme, I know. But I refuse to pay the price for any new MAC. Plus I can't edit 4K video on anything older than 2014 used MACs and no idea how long Apple will upgrade the OS for them. So I switched.

But back to the new year and the film journey. Stay tuned to see what happens as I will be only posting to my instagram and twitter (@bearded_fotog). Deactivating FB for at least 6 months or more.

The personal work will include many genre's  from people to landscape...it's not a feed for popularity or to gain thousands of followers.It's there to just share my love of film and the journey I am on. Follow if you'd like.

I'll try and update here as well. But can't promise much as school eats up a lot of my free time.

Happy New Year everyone and be safe tonight!!!



post script:

Our Starbucks opens sometime next month finally and I will not have to travel to buy whole beans anymore!!!!

Texas Backroad Finds

Over Looking Alamogordo NM
Thru the Trees - Carlsbad NM
Life Moves Quickly - Dell City, Texas
Ethyl - Portland, Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment

The end of this year!

Hello All!,  Yes it has been awhile since the last post...LIFE does that stuff to you. School Work Family . . That's pretty mu...